Kemonomimi Kin

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kemonomimi Kin is a fan group about people with animal ears and tails, often drawn in an Anime style.

3 posters

Other Games Discussion

felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Other Games Discussion Empty Other Games Discussion

Post  felinoel Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:22 am

Let me open this by saying that the alleged $600 pricing for the Wii U is outrageous, I need me some actual Pokemon games from the main series to be on my television and I needs it now (and I only got ninety-five dollars in gift cards to GameStop for Christmas lol) o.o

http://wiiuupdates.com/2011/12/wii-specs-rumor/
    Also, does this seem a bit weak to you guys?

Treefrog54

Other Games Discussion Empty Re: Other Games Discussion

Post  Treefrog54 Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:02 am

felinoel wrote:Let me open this by saying that the alleged $600 pricing for the Wii U is outrageous, I need me some actual Pokemon games from the main series to be on my television and I needs it now (and I only got ninety-five dollars in gift cards to GameStop for Christmas lol) o.o

http://wiiuupdates.com/2011/12/wii-specs-rumor/
    Also, does this seem a bit weak to you guys?

I don't know much about computer parts or anything about what is a good computer part and what is not. But what I do know as that power is not the only thing that you must thing about when making a console. You see, a controller is VERY important part of a console. One thing I think is odd about the Playstation and Xbox is that they basically have the same buttons but a different shape. This makes it where some of the same games can be ported from one of those consoles to the other with little thought on differences in controls. But Nintendo has been going with different shapes in consoles. Like the Wii and the DS and now the Wii U.

And I have to say that the Wii U controller looks like my dream controller. 2 control sticks. I like my control sticks. And a touch screen. Think of the possibilities with the touch screen. We wont be limited on the number of buttons. We can have any extra buttons + more control thingies on that screen. Like just look at what you see in the picture of the thing in the link. That's an inventory. Now think about it. Right now we have to control inventory in console games with control pads or taping control sticks. When this thing comes out we will be able to just tap with our fingers! Open inventory look down and tap! Not that open inventory and tap the control stick to select the item you want.

I think a controller with a touch pad is just what the market needs. And I can't think of anyone better for doing that than Nintendo. They are great at thinking of great ways to do different things like the DS and it's 2 screens or the strangely shaped N64 controller. And best of all, many great games and some of my most favorite games.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:08 am

True, the tablet controller is quite amazing, people call it the new DS since it will both plays 3DS games and it functions just like a DS with dual screens.

Though it looks like the horrible stick of a wiimote will still be used, the tablet is just an extra controller, kind of like the flat controller you can get by attaching to your wiimote in the plain Wii.

I loved the N64 controller, though the iPad is doing the dual screen too now if I recall, where they have one thing happening on the tablet while it sends commands to your regular television...
    Treefrog54
    Treefrog54

Post  Treefrog54 Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:31 am

felinoel wrote:Though it looks like the horrible stick of a wiimote will still be used, the tablet is just an extra controller,

I actually liked the Wii remote. It just had some limits. And few people used it to its fullest potential. A good example would be the fail controls for Monster Hunter Tri. It was basically made for the classic controller. Which is similar to the controller for the other consoles it's prequels were on. And being on the Wii they had the chance to make use of the motion sensing. Swing the Wii remote to use your sword. Point at the screen to aim your bow gun. Controls like that would be perfect. But instead they went with awkward Wii remote controls and pretty standard feeling classic controller controls.

I am glad most controls were not like this. But I felt with quite a few games like they should have use the motion for an action instead of a button. But I also have not played any Wii games besides Pikmin and Super Smash Bros recently so my feelings on the controls for some of these games may have changed since then.

But I have been reminded of something else that is unrelated.

I think Shadow Of The Colossus would work great on the Wii. That is, that the controls would. Not sure about how well it would sell. But that's not important because I'm sure there is 99% chance it will not be ported to the Wii. So anyway, once Spycat and me were talking and we agreed that Shadow Of The Colossus could work well on the Wii with controls like holding B and pointing with the remote to aim your bow and point the direction that light shines of your sword. And holding C and tilting the nunchuck left and right to turn your horse and tilting it up to stop your horse and swinging it down (tilting it down quickly) to make your horse start walking or running. Holding B and swinging the Wii remote to swing your sword and holding B and tilting the Wii remote up to charge a stab and then swing it down to stab. A to jump Z to crouch/grab. Control pad to change camera angle. and C when not on your horse to call her.

I think those are all the controls I need to talk about. And that is all I feel like talking about. Now I spell check then send.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:30 am

Meh, I think Psychonauts would be amazing on the Wii.
    Especially with telekinesis and whatnot.

But I never cared for the controls on the wiimote much because of how awkward using it felt...
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:09 pm

:LOCKED:

I guess I should do some moderation on this forum once in a while.

This thread was almost pointless. You could have said this in the main thread.

I declare this thread dead.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:22 pm