Kemonomimi Kin

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kemonomimi Kin is a fan group about people with animal ears and tails, often drawn in an Anime style.

+11
fishbord
ScentTreeDown
Blade_N
will1b
Fratal
aronyan
pepran12
Vale Wanderer Wolf
Icarium
Hostail
felinoel
15 posters

The unofficial Kin Server

Nodrak
    Nodrak

The unofficial Kin Server - Page 7 Empty Re: The unofficial Kin Server

Post  Nodrak Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:00 pm

felinoel wrote:YogCraft was decided, because they have a ton more fun stuff there.
    Converting each individual item from Tech World to the ID that YogCraft uses is too time consuming, it looks like we are going to lose the world.

If you log in and stuff your inventory with what you want to keep, then screenshot it and send it to me, I can at the very least copy those over.
    People with villages, screenshot your villages and I can give you Millenaire currency to replace them.

People with bees... f%ck I hope there is no one besides me with bees, I don't think you can spawn in anything besides the bees you can find on the ground in hives...

I cant even log into the server anymore, too many conflicting files... I think i've updated passed the version that the server is running and I have no idea how to revert back to the previous version. I had some good progress with my millenaire town and some neat items in storage but nothing that can't be replaced. I'm ok with losing it all for progress Smile

I started playing with bees but I haven't got too far. I finally found those water bees though! Thank god they glow a little, those are like finding needles in a haystack.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Nodrak wrote:
    felinoel wrote:YogCraft was decided, because they have a ton more fun stuff there.
    Converting each individual item from Tech World to the ID that YogCraft uses is too time consuming, it looks like we are going to lose the world.

If you log in and stuff your inventory with what you want to keep, then screenshot it and send it to me, I can at the very least copy those over.
    People with villages, screenshot your villages and I can give you Millenaire currency to replace them.

People with bees... f%ck I hope there is no one besides me with bees, I don't think you can spawn in anything besides the bees you can find on the ground in hives...

I cant even log into the server anymore, too many conflicting files... I think i've updated passed the version that the server is running and I have no idea how to revert back to the previous version. I had some good progress with my millenaire town and some neat items in storage but nothing that can't be replaced. I'm ok with losing it all for progress Smile

I started playing with bees but I haven't got too far. I finally found those water bees though! Thank god they glow a little, those are like finding needles in a haystack.
    It is back to the Tech World server until everyone shows me what they have.

Water bees are a hive bee that I can spawn in, if you include a queen in your inventory picture I will spawn in an entire hive.
    will1b
    will1b

Post  will1b Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm

I'd either leave it on Tech World or switch to MindCrack. Those are the only two with GregTech. If the server were to change to anything without GregTech, a lot of stuff would make no sense to have any more (Aluminium) and it would cut out so many potentially useful machines. Also, GregTech really balances IC2, which is a bit overpowered otherwise.

MindCrack actually looks like a better option, though, as along with most of the Tech World stuff it has Extra Bees by default, along with ThaumCraft and Thaumic Bees (SO MANY BEES) and also Thermal Expansion which is really good for automation and you can make some pretty neat energy setups with it.

It's just like Ultimate with some extra techy stuff and some of the magic removed, really.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 pm

will1b wrote:I'd either leave it on Tech World or switch to MindCrack. Those are the only two with GregTech. If the server were to change to anything without GregTech, a lot of stuff would make no sense to have any more (Aluminium) and it would cut out so many potentially useful machines. Also, GregTech really balances IC2, which is a bit overpowered otherwise.

MindCrack actually looks like a better option, though, as along with most of the Tech World stuff it has Extra Bees by default, along with ThaumCraft and Thaumic Bees (SO MANY BEES) and also Thermal Expansion which is really good for automation and you can make some pretty neat energy setups with it.

It's just like Ultimate with some extra techy stuff and some of the magic removed, really.
    I wrote the ftb wiki'a guide to bees so I am aware of the Thaumic Bees addition which used to be called VisBees which btw is a MUCH better name because of alliteration, idk why they changed it, anyways I always liked the Yogbox and the new version of it seems fun with power suits and all that.

While the GregTech mod did grow on me, making aluminium worthless doesn't seem like a reason to want to keep it... are you saying though that YogCraft doesn't have Extra Bees and Thaumic Bees?
    will1b
    will1b

Post  will1b Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:25 pm

felinoel wrote:I wrote the ftb wiki'a guide to bees so I am aware of the Thaumic Bees addition which used to be called VisBees which btw is a MUCH better name because of alliteration, idk why they changed it, anyways I always liked the Yogbox and the new version of it seems fun with power suits and all that.
    Damn, nice

felinoel wrote:While the GregTech mod did grow on me, making aluminium worthless doesn't seem like a reason to want to keep it...
    I was just using that as an example of something that'd be completely gone. Anything that's normally made with aluminium would be gone, along with any GregTech exclusive machines that make basic tasks more efficient or allow you to get rarer materials from more common ones (Industrial Centrifuge being one example).

felinoel wrote:are you saying though that YogCraft doesn't have Extra Bees and Thaumic Bees?
    It has Extra Bees by default, but not Thaumic Bees.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:52 pm

will1b wrote:I was just using that as an example of something that'd be completely gone. Anything that's normally made with aluminium would be gone, along with any GregTech exclusive machines that make basic tasks more efficient or allow you to get rarer materials from more common ones (Industrial Centrifuge being one example).
    Aww... I like the idea of the Industrial Centrifuge...

It has Extra Bees by default, but not Thaumic Bees.
    Weird...
    Well it looks then that I am going to have to use the MagicLauncher after all with a custom modpack... thoughts on that?
    will1b
    will1b

Post  will1b Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

SCRATCH ALL THAT, TURNS OUT ULTIMATE ACTUALLY HAS GREGTECH.

Go for Ultimate. YogCraft doesn't have as many miscellaneous mods anyway. Plus no Charge Pads in either YogCraft or MindCrack.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 pm

will1b wrote:SCRATCH ALL THAT, TURNS OUT ULTIMATE ACTUALLY HAS GREGTECH.

Go for Ultimate. YogCraft doesn't have as many miscellaneous mods anyway. Plus no Charge Pads in either YogCraft or MindCrack.
    I still may have to use magiclauncher, for Millenaire

Post  Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 pm

It's good Friday in 5 days Very Happy
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:52 pm

orpc wrote:It's good Friday in 5 days Very Happy
    lol it is indeed, I expect to see you on my new server then.

Not only that but special Easter-only bees are available now until a bit after Easter! So once my server is up, anyone who wants bees that make eggs (Easter eggs lol) be sure to breed them ASAP
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm

felinoel wrote:

Can't you add in Millenaire in the FTB launcher anyways?
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

The only way to do that would be to obtain a code for using the custom FTB modpacks, and getting one of those is difficult because they are very rare.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:27 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

The only way to do that would be to obtain a code for using the custom FTB modpacks, and getting one of those is difficult because they are very rare.
    Ehh..... What? I meant, adding it like we did before? Why would we need a code to add in mods to the packs?

Also how would MagicLauncher help? Wouldn't you have to add in all mods by yourself then? Also the modpacks in the ftb launcher have modified mods so they can all work together... So I still don't know why you would need MagicLauncher?
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Ehh..... What? I meant, adding it like we did before? Why would we need a code to add in mods to the packs?

Also how would MagicLauncher help? Wouldn't you have to add in all mods by yourself then? Also the modpacks in the ftb launcher have modified mods so they can all work together... So I still don't know why you would need MagicLauncher?
    Oh lol, I thought you meant adding it into the modpack.
    Using MagicLauncher I can add it into the modpack and only I would be the one who has the trouble of putting all the mods together into one launcher.

We can do it like we did before, yes, but too many people found that difficult... even with the directions I gave...
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:33 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Using MagicLauncher I can add it into the modpack and only I would be the one who has the trouble of putting all the mods together into one launcher.

We can do it like we did before, yes, but too many people found that difficult... even with the directions I gave...
    Dunno.... but shouldn't it work with both ways if done correctly? I mean, I don't want to stop using the FTB Launcher, but if you add the same mods it should work right?
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Dunno.... but shouldn't it work with both ways if done correctly? I mean, I don't want to stop using the FTB Launcher, but if you add the same mods it should work right?
    lol yeah it will work like that, but I wanted it to be automatic for people having trouble.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:46 am

I am not sure how the Millenaire mod is done but if it only has files which you then dump straight into the .jar then you can add it to the modpack with the "edit mod pack" button in the FTB launcher (just like you do if you want optifine).

you just need a Zip file with the mod in it (generally a bunch of class files), place that in the "instMods" folder in the pack you want to add it to (this is found where ever you installed FTB, you can see this in the options tab of the launcher) it should automatically add its self, just in case check but clicking the "Edit Mod Pack" button and checking the "JarMods" tab for Millenaire.
    DONE.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:09 am

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

lol yeah it will work like that, but I wanted it to be automatic for people having trouble.

I do not know how it will be "automatic" with MagicLauncher, thats my problem.

@Fratal
    Thats how he had it before, but people still had problems with it, no idea why.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:11 am

no where in the instructions did I see using the edit modpack function.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

Fratal wrote:no where in the instructions did I see using the edit modpack function.
    Oh, huh, well its the same thing anyways, adding mods via the edit modpack ends up in the same spot...

EDIT:
    Just started watching K.... Hilarius.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Fratal wrote:I am not sure how the Millenaire mod is done but if it only has files which you then dump straight into the .jar then you can add it to the modpack with the "edit mod pack" button in the FTB launcher (just like you do if you want optifine).

you just need a Zip file with the mod in it (generally a bunch of class files), place that in the "instMods" folder in the pack you want to add it to (this is found where ever you installed FTB, you can see this in the options tab of the launcher) it should automatically add its self, just in case check but clicking the "Edit Mod Pack" button and checking the "JarMods" tab for Millenaire.
    DONE.
    You don't edit the jar.

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

felinoel wrote:Using MagicLauncher I can add it into the modpack and only I would be the one who has the trouble of putting all the mods together into one launcher.
    Is that not true?
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:37 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Fratal wrote:I am not sure how the Millenaire mod is done but if it only has files which you then dump straight into the .jar then you can add it to the modpack with the "edit mod pack" button in the FTB launcher (just like you do if you want optifine).

DONE.
    You don't edit the jar.

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

felinoel wrote:Using MagicLauncher I can add it into the modpack and only I would be the one who has the trouble of putting all the mods together into one launcher.
    Is that not true?

Well, not really in my book, with Magiclauncher you basically do the exact same with the FTB Launcher, except you can choose in which order the mods load and such.

Also, theres no way to really share the profiles you make in MagicLauncher, since what you do is only load zip files which you yourself choose into the .jar file you choose, after you exit minecraft, the zip files un-load and its in its normal vanilla state, until you startup MagicLauncher again and select your profile...
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:34 am

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

DONE.
    You don't edit the jar.

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Is that not true?

Well, not really in my book, with Magiclauncher you basically do the exact same with the FTB Launcher, except you can choose in which order the mods load and such.

Also, theres no way to really share the profiles you make in MagicLauncher, since what you do is only load zip files which you yourself choose into the .jar file you choose, after you exit minecraft, the zip files un-load and its in its normal vanilla state, until you startup MagicLauncher again and select your profile...
    I was told that I could share the zip file to be used?
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:26 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

DONE.
    You don't edit the jar.

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Is that not true?

No, no zip file is created from MagicLauncher, it isn't made to share modpacks to other people, its just made to easily install mods without having to paste all the mods into the .jar file or switch between various .jar files.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

DONE.
    You don't edit the jar.

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Is that not true?

No, no zip file is created from MagicLauncher, it isn't made to share modpacks to other people, its just made to easily install mods without having to paste all the mods into the .jar file or switch between various .jar files.
    I see...

Well then I might as well use FTB Ultimate and then supply a file for people to unzip and then use that has the Ultimate pre-made instead of instructions instructing how to set it up.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 pm