Kemonomimi Kin

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kemonomimi Kin is a fan group about people with animal ears and tails, often drawn in an Anime style.

+18
Koneko-chan
SobriquetP
Vale Wanderer Wolf
will1b
maka the slayer
Fratal
pepran12
Treefrog54
felinoel
pizzamanilla
Hostail
Mohajideus
Icarium
Lenyntaka
ScentTreeDown
Sol-Leks
W128
Tomiz
22 posters

Main Thread

Icarium
    Icarium

Main Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok... using my google-fu I found out you followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83HZYO1O3A

And I must say it is wrong...
    According to the Minecraft Forge Wiki (LINK) you must place the zip next to the server.jar and change the .zip to .jar and run it.

Now to install millenaire create folder called 'mods' and put the contents there. It should work.

This is all done according to instructions provided with the packages and if it won't work then I cannot help further... that is the extent of my google-fu abilites I'm afraid.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Icarium wrote:Ok... using my google-fu I found out you followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83HZYO1O3A

According to the Minecraft Forge Wiki (LINK) you must place the zip next to the server.jar and change the .zip to .jar and run it.

Now to install millenaire create folder called 'mods' and put the contents there. It should work.

This is all done according to instructions provided with the packages and if it won't work then I cannot help further... that is the extent of my google-fu abilites I'm afraid.
    But the problem is that felinoel is on a linux pc.
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Those are java apps... they are created for being multiplatform thus OS should not matter
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Icarium wrote:Those are java apps... they are created for being multiplatform thus OS should not matter
    Hmh, thought that it was different with the servers on a linux os, but oh well then.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Hostail wrote:
    Icarium wrote:Ok... using my google-fu I found out you followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83HZYO1O3A

But the problem is that felinoel is on a linux pc.
    A Linux server, not a PC.

I started out with a server.jar?
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 pm

felinoel wrote:

Wait oh I see what you were saying, anyone wanna test the server?
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

felinoel wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Heck yes I want to.

EDIT: oh wait, 1.4.2 or 1.3.2?
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

I can test it out... though I have 1.4.2 installed.... also - I think that if we were to use your custom culture you would have to give us appropriate files...
    Vale Wanderer Wolf
    Vale Wanderer Wolf

Post  Vale Wanderer Wolf Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm

Given how long I didn't do anything Minecraft related I may even accidentally summon the Nether into the world, but sure trying out and testing a server is something I did in the past.
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh forgot to mention to you guys.... in case someone is interested - Mechwarrior Online is going Open Beta tomorrow (29.10) around 12:00-13:00 PDT.

Devs prepared awesome present for my birthday Razz that's what I would like to believe XD
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Heck yes I want to.

EDIT: oh wait, 1.4.2 or 1.3.2?
    1.3.2, and it isn't working.
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Hummm I was checking it out for 1.4.2 on my VM and it worked... I used different linux distro there but it should not matter...

Edit: A little info for the future - MacOS is a Unix-based system... and so is Linux so most things are the same once you start using console Razz
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Icarium wrote:Hummm I was checking it out for 1.4.2 on my VM and it worked... I used different linux distro there but it should not matter...
    What worked?
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:13 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Icarium wrote:Hummm I was checking it out for 1.4.2 on my VM and it worked... I used different linux distro there but it should not matter...
    What worked?

server... what else we were talking about? Razz

I'm downloading ubuntu right now and i'll check if it is going to work as well... if yes, then i'll upload whole package for you

heh... instead of studying for the final exam I'm playing around with minecraft server xD priorities people... priorities.... are useless Razz
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:16 am

Icarium wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    What worked?

server... what else we were talking about? Razz

I'm downloading ubuntu right now and i'll check if it is going to work as well... if yes, then i'll upload whole package for you

heh... instead of studying for the final exam I'm playing around with minecraft server xD priorities people... priorities.... are useless Razz
    Ohhhh, you didn't do it on Ubuntu? Yeah it is simple to do on Windows...
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 am

It was simple on ubuntu as well Razz Most of the time was preparing the machine (disabling compiz, installing java etc)
    Main Thread - Page 8 Rf4Qd

Just follow my instructions and don't start with server.jar but minecraftforge.jar

Also, I could not confirm availability of the server for the client due to limitations in virtualbox... yes it can be solved but it needs even more time Razz
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 am

Icarium wrote:It was simple on ubuntu as well Razz Most of the time was preparing the machine (disabling compiz, installing java etc)
    Main Thread - Page 8 Rf4Qd

Just follow my instructions and don't start with server.jar but minecraftforge.jar

Also, I could not confirm availability of the server for the client due to limitations in virtualbox... yes it can be solved but it needs even more time Razz
    What instructions?
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 am

http://speedy.sh/U36pd/minecraft-server.tar.gz
    This might be faster...
    Just edit start.sh to setup java heap size (Xmx, Xms).
    To start it up simply run start.sh.

Edit: confirmed working properly after copying to my win7 machine - server did not appear on the list but thats only due to my network settings - I could easily connect directly by loopback address
    Also, don't mind the exceptions at the start - it's just borked millenaire or forge version info... everything else should work fine.
    Vale Wanderer Wolf
    Vale Wanderer Wolf

Post  Vale Wanderer Wolf Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:51 am

I've been woofing around in the new version, and I have to say bats sound... Too cute. They chirp like birds, not like bats!

So I know technic needs client-side modding to be done and I could likely find it with searching, but what's millenaire all about?
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:37 am

Vale Wanderer Wolf wrote:I've been woofing around in the new version, and I have to say bats sound... Too cute. They chirp like birds, not like bats!

So I know technic needs client-side modding to be done and I could likely find it with searching, but what's millenaire all about?
    Millenaire is all about villages, villages with real npc's building and improving themselves. Most of the time you spend trading with a villager to make them build stuff, say, I could find a village with a few buildings like, a tree farm, a regular farm, some... trading post I don't know. But they have no way to produce cobble to continue building buildings, so, then you trade them cobble, to build stuff, and eventually they will be able to build a mine and they will be able to produce goods for themselves.

Thats, like, most of my Millenaire experience.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Icarium wrote:http://speedy.sh/U36pd/minecraft-server.tar.gz
    This might be faster...
    Just edit start.sh to setup java heap size (Xmx, Xms).
    To start it up simply run start.sh.

Edit: confirmed working properly after copying to my win7 machine - server did not appear on the list but thats only due to my network settings - I could easily connect directly by loopback address
    Also, don't mind the exceptions at the start - it's just borked millenaire or forge version info... everything else should work fine.
    lol ok will try it out when I get home then.

Vale Wanderer Wolf wrote:I've been woofing around in the new version, and I have to say bats sound... Too cute. They chirp like birds, not like bats!
    Bats are adorable, always have been, ever see one in a bird cage?
    My house when I was growing up had a couple of GIANT trees at the end of the court and fruit bats resided there all the time.

Client changes will be provided when it all gets ready.

Hostail wrote:

Millenaire is all about villages, villages with real npc's building and improving themselves. Most of the time you spend trading with a villager to make them build stuff, say, I could find a village with a few buildings like, a tree farm, a regular farm, some... trading post I don't know. But they have no way to produce cobble to continue building buildings, so, then you trade them cobble, to build stuff, and eventually they will be able to build a mine and they will be able to produce goods for themselves.

Thats, like, most of my Millenaire experience.
    Millenaire was created because the Minecraft world was too dead, there were no people around (this was before the Testificates), all of the stuff Hos said was basically what it is about, except that some villages produce cobblestone with quarries and it is iron that they can't produce, also quests. Quests are a big part of Millenaire nowadays, not only are there regular quests but also storyline quest chains
    Vale Wanderer Wolf
    Vale Wanderer Wolf

Post  Vale Wanderer Wolf Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 pm

And happy 24th birthday to Icarium! It's always nice to see someone older than myself, makes me feel less old, hah! ^^
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Happy birthday Ica Smile
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Dammit I thought I didn't enter my birthday here... hoped to pass through the day as if nothing was happening Razz

Thanks anyway Smile
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Icarium wrote:Dammit I thought I didn't enter my birthday here... hoped to pass through the day as if nothing was happening Razz

Thanks anyway Smile
    Well you kinda blew it when you talked about the mechawars beta.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content