Kemonomimi Kin

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kemonomimi Kin is a fan group about people with animal ears and tails, often drawn in an Anime style.

+18
Koneko-chan
SobriquetP
Vale Wanderer Wolf
will1b
maka the slayer
Fratal
pepran12
Treefrog54
felinoel
pizzamanilla
Hostail
Mohajideus
Icarium
Lenyntaka
ScentTreeDown
Sol-Leks
W128
Tomiz
22 posters

Main Thread

Hostail
    Hostail

Main Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post  Hostail Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Icarium wrote:feli - I give up officially...
    1. java is supposed to be multiplatform therefore it should run exactly the same no matter what type of system you have...
    2. me running locally does not have any influence here - hostail could easily check server status when router was configured correctly (and even I could not join my own local server when I tried to connect using public IP when it was incorrect)
    3. the only problem that would remain then is some busted ubuntu config.... and here I cannot really help you without a lot of info or access to the machine... and that I do not want honestly...
    So... I should reimage Ubuntu?
    Make a new OS, maybe that will work.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    1. java is supposed to be multiplatform therefore it should run exactly the same no matter what type of system you have...
    2. me running locally does not have any influence here - hostail could easily check server status when router was configured correctly (and even I could not join my own local server when I tried to connect using public IP when it was incorrect)
    3. the only problem that would remain then is some busted ubuntu config.... and here I cannot really help you without a lot of info or access to the machine... and that I do not want honestly...
    OSs cost money, except for Ubuntu...
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Not if you make your own one, I think.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Not if you make your own one, I think.
    Minecraft only works with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:03 am

hmmm... I have a bunch of keys for a few OS's through MSDN and I am not "legally" allowed to give one to you but the qestion is do you know how to use windows server? 2k8/2k3 -/R2 Standard/Datacenter/Webserver/Enterprise 32/64-bit take your pick cause I will not need all of them.

Edit: I guess I should say that if you don't I do and I know them well, message me on steam or something.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Fratal wrote:hmmm... I have a bunch of keys for a few OS's through MSDN and I am not "legally" allowed to give one to you but the qestion is do you know how to use windows server? 2k8/2k3 -/R2 Standard/Datacenter/Webserver/Enterprise 32/64-bit take your pick cause I will not need all of them.

Edit: I guess I should say that if you don't I do and I know them well, message me on steam or something.
    I can learn.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:01 pm

So it seems Feed The Beast includes the Portal Gun mod.... Its awesome to mine along the portal radio song.

Also seriously, I want to play this with people. Anyone?

EDIT: seems that Feed The Beast is going to be updated to 1.4.5 soon, With Thaumcraft 3 and Redpower 2 added to it. This modpack is more taken care of than Tekkit...

EDIT2: Seems like I'm using the word "seems" too much.

EDIT3: Oh my gooood Thaumcraft 3 is so awesomeeee.
    W128
    W128

Post  W128 Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Hostail wrote:So it seems Feed The Beast includes the Portal Gun mod.... Its awesome to mine along the portal radio song.

EDIT: seems that Feed The Beast is going to be updated to 1.4.5 soon, With Thaumcraft 3 and Redpower 2 added to it. This modpack is more taken care of than Tekkit...

I played Tekkit with my friend and I enjoyed it a lot so why not. Does it have the same search/blueprint-thingy as in Tekkit?

Edit: It does. Very Happy
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm

W128 wrote:
    Hostail wrote:So it seems Feed The Beast includes the Portal Gun mod.... Its awesome to mine along the portal radio song.

I played Tekkit with my friend and I enjoyed it a lot so why not. Does it have the same search/blueprint-thingy as in Tekkit?

Edit: It does. Very Happy
    I have no idea what a blueprint thingy is, but I have seen blue thingies!

Also the Portal gun is so much fun, just spent 30 min just fooling around with it.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:45 pm

he means the TMI crafting recipie helper thing and I think that's in there.

TMI is TOO many items.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Fratal wrote:he means the TMI crafting recipie helper thing and I think that's in there.

TMI is TOO many items.
    This one is NEI, "Not enough items". But yeah its the blueprint thingy.

So, Friday fine with you?
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:38 pm

TC3?!?! Already..?
    Is it vastly different than TC2?

Fratal wrote:he means the TMI crafting recipie helper thing and I think that's in there.

TMI is TOO many items.
    Nah people don't use TMI anymore, now they use NEI which looks like TMI but has special things like crafting recipe helpers and a search bar.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm

same shit, I forgot what replaced what.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Fratal wrote:same shit, I forgot what replaced what.
    Ehh, TMI is just for cheating, NEI is considered to be slightly less for cheating.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm

felinoel wrote:

TC3?!?! Already..?
    Yes, so much different stuff, I absolutely love it and can't wait until Feed the beast includes it.

felinoel wrote:
    Ehh, TMI is just for cheating, NEI is considered to be slightly less for cheating.

Actually, NEI includes the exact same menu from TMI, you just have to go into a special options menu and switch it from recipe mode to cheat mode.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

TC3?!?! Already..?
    Yes, so much different stuff, I absolutely love it and can't wait until Feed the beast includes it.
    Eff... this means the Technic Wikia will have some more wonderful updating to articles to do... x.x

felinoel wrote:

Actually, NEI includes the exact same menu from TMI, you just have to go into a special options menu and switch it from recipe mode to cheat mode.
    Exactly.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:55 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

TC3?!?! Already..?
    Eff... this means the Technic Wikia will have some more wonderful updating to articles to do... x.x
    Yeah, especially now that researching isn't randomized.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

TC3?!?! Already..?
    It wasn't before though? Well... not technically, I mean there were groups that weren't random but researching within a group gave you random results for only that group...
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:05 pm

felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:
    Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

TC3?!?! Already..?
    It wasn't before though? Well... not technically, I mean there were groups that weren't random but researching within a group gave you random results for only that group...
    Still random, before you could put in a couple of stacks of cobble and a stack of paper and just let it research by itself, now its much more complex, and I love it!
    I hope the new patch including Thaumcraft 3 and Redpower is gonna come out before friday.
    pepran12
    pepran12

Post  pepran12 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Hostail wrote:

TMI is TOO many items.

I can play on friday, i will be joining late at night, but i will join.
    W128
    W128

Post  W128 Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:49 pm

pepran12 wrote:
    Hostail wrote:

TMI is TOO many items.

Friday is fine for me. And tomorrow's free for me because it's Independency Day. Yey~ Razz
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:57 pm

W128 wrote:
    pepran12 wrote:
    Hostail wrote:

TMI is TOO many items.

Friday is fine for me. And tomorrow's free for me because it's Independency Day. Yey~ Razz

Perfect, now its just about the server, should we start a new world or go with my started one already? I haven't come that far and got a nice island out in nowhere, that I'm trying to build some kind of underwater base thingy.
    W128
    W128

Post  W128 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Hostail wrote:
    W128 wrote:
    pepran12 wrote:
    Hostail wrote:

TMI is TOO many items.

Perfect, now its just about the server, should we start a new world or go with my started one already? I haven't come that far and got a nice island out in nowhere, that I'm trying to build some kind of underwater base thingy.

Well, I don't care. As long as we're playing together, it's fine.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:24 pm

If anyone is interested, the FTB server is up,

IP: 90.229.217.170

Sol-Leks
    Sol-Leks

Post  Sol-Leks Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 pm

aww, its 1.4.2,

Sponsored content