Kemonomimi Kin

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kemonomimi Kin is a fan group about people with animal ears and tails, often drawn in an Anime style.

+18
Koneko-chan
SobriquetP
Vale Wanderer Wolf
will1b
maka the slayer
Fratal
pepran12
Treefrog54
felinoel
pizzamanilla
Hostail
Mohajideus
Icarium
Lenyntaka
ScentTreeDown
Sol-Leks
W128
Tomiz
22 posters

Main Thread

felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Main Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post  felinoel Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Icarium wrote:Quick update:
    I will be off for some time - my video card got fried Sad

If you know any place I could get Radeon HD4670 512M GDDR3 MXM-II reasonably cheap (cheaper than 200EUR -.-") please let me know....
    Newegg.

Is that why you aren't responding to your PMs?
    Tomiz
    Tomiz

Post  Tomiz Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

A great video, with all anime of 2012 in it. What I did with my friends was -> everyone was watching it and whenever someone saw an anime they've been watching, you knock on the table. It was surprisingly fun!
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 pm

felinoel wrote:

If you know any place I could get Radeon HD4670 512M GDDR3 MXM-II reasonably cheap (cheaper than 200EUR -.-") please let me know....
    Newegg.

Ughh... they don't have it an newegg -.-"

Also - sorry, did not even notice the PM... i'll respond to you right away..
    will1b
    will1b

Post  will1b Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I've been lurking around waiting for an opportunity to contribute where my advice will actually be useful >Very Happy

I have no idea where you could buy from (Go for NewEgg as Felinoel said?), but don't bother buying a new 4670, they're discontinued, which explains the high prices and why they're hard to get. There's no point even going for any of the older cards - for about 200EUR you can get a 7850 which is bloody amazing, especially compared to one of those old cards.

Look for one of the latest generation, more support, better prices (Compared to discontinued ones) and a hell of a lot faster. The 4650 is anywhere between twice and four times as slow as a latest gen equivalent (Like the 7750/7770) using the power of the WildGuess™️
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm

If it was that easy I wouldn't even bother getting this old card... thing is - for 3 years already I didn't have a box PC (presumably CPU got fried XD) and used only a laptop... and now, after all those 3 years of using it (rough using I admit [fell from 0.5m at least twice, got it's screen frame broken once... even the mounting for the battery is somewhat broken]) the GPU died on me Sad
    I did consider making a new PC (boxed this time) but first wanted to make sure there really is no way to get the laptop back on it's feet...
    will1b
    will1b

Post  will1b Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 am

Laptop? You're almost definitely screwed, they're a pain to fix, and I don't think I've ever seen a place that sells a mobile graphics card. You're better off just to buy a desktop if you're not gonna be moving it around much.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Location : Western Columbus, Columbus, Franklin, Ohio, Northeastern Territory, United States of America, North America, America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Sector 2814, Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Milky Way, Universe B, the Multiverse.

Post  felinoel Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Vale Wanderer Wolf wrote:
    Icarium wrote:Ummmm what has changed in farming?
    I'm around 2months in the back when it comes to changelogs and other shit...

Also, seeds now breed chicken, wheat still for cows/sheep, and carrots are used for pigs. Also you can put a carrot on a fishing rod to make a carrot-on-a-stick to ride a pig and CONTROL it. It's more useful than you may think, but you do need a reserve of carrots as the pig does eat it over time. And you can let it take a 'bite' out of the carrot's durability to give it a boost of speed. Maximum speed is 5 blocks a second or something..? I dunno. Testing has shown that splash potions of speed do affect it, making it a speeding wonder.
    Seeds breed chicken?!!? FINALLY A USE FOR SEEDS!

Treefrog54 wrote:
    Main Thread - Page 13 Img_0310
    Mine is Pinkie dressed as Chell floating in space with the Space Core and the Stupidity Core eating a slice of cake.

Icarium wrote:
    felinoel wrote:

Newegg.

Ughh... they don't have it an newegg -.-"

Also - sorry, did not even notice the PM... i'll respond to you right away..
    People rarely do...

will1b wrote:

I've been lurking around waiting for an opportunity to contribute where my advice will actually be useful >Very Happy

I have no idea where you could buy from (Go for NewEgg as Felinoel said?), but don't bother buying a new 4670, they're discontinued, which explains the high prices and why they're hard to get. There's no point even going for any of the older cards - for about 200EUR you can get a 7850 which is bloody amazing, especially compared to one of those old cards.

Look for one of the latest generation, more support, better prices (Compared to discontinued ones) and a hell of a lot faster. The 4650 is anywhere between twice and four times as slow as a latest gen equivalent (Like the 7750/7770) using the power of the WildGuess™️
    Discontinued... look for refurbished then?

Icarium wrote:If it was that easy I wouldn't even bother getting this old card... thing is - for 3 years already I didn't have a box PC (presumably CPU got fried XD) and used only a laptop... and now, after all those 3 years of using it (rough using I admit [fell from 0.5m at least twice, got it's screen frame broken once... even the mounting for the battery is somewhat broken]) the GPU died on me Sad
    I did consider making a new PC (boxed this time) but first wanted to make sure there really is no way to get the laptop back on it's feet...
    Perhaps your local mom and pop computer support shop holds it then, I know the one for me has a LOT of random old parts.

will1b wrote:Laptop? You're almost definitely screwed, they're a pain to fix, and I don't think I've ever seen a place that sells a mobile graphics card. You're better off just to buy a desktop if you're not gonna be moving it around much.
    I agree, laptops are not made to be fixed or upgraded or even opened up and looked at, that is why desktops will never stop being made.

Granted I do like the Surface... maybe if it ran Ubuntu...
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

felinoel wrote:I agree, laptops are not made to be fixed or upgraded or even opened up and looked at, that is why desktops will never stop being made.

Not made to be fixed? I worked at a place where we opened up laptops, changed parts like the screen, motherboard, fans and all that shit. So yeah, laptops are made to be fixed, the only laptop that isn't made to be opened up and looked at are macs.

Also, fuck laptop screws, I hate 'em, they are so small, and they are all almost the exact same size.

EDIT: Every time I watch a Tekkit video... I suddenly want to play it. I remember when Icarium had a tekkit server up, fun times.
    Lenyntaka
    Lenyntaka

Location : Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post  Lenyntaka Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am

totally not just showing existence
    Treefrog54
    Treefrog54

Post  Treefrog54 Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:18 pm

4:07 PM
    I'm behind on my game development class! I'm lazy! I'm too lazy to do what needs to be done! I was even too lazy to come here! So I forgot this place again like the forgetful person I am! But even so...I remembered this place often enough to feel the feeling of failure. I did not let anyone but myself down. But I seem to always let myself down... At least my painting is going well... Painting things like trees is easier for me than drawing them in paint.net and whatnot. ...I recently discovered I have a auditory processing disorder. I think it was the day before yesterday I learned that... It explains why my hearing is good and my ability to understand what people say is bad. And knowing that is good.

...It seems like people people these days are so excited about things. Spycat feels bad about herself when she feels excited about things when I'm around... The feeling of excitement I speak of is the kind of excitement you get from things like your first Christmas. My lack of excitement problem is that I feel like I have seen everything without seeing much...its like nothing is at all a surprise. Spycat is very excited about a movie coming out next year called City of Bones. The fandom of the book is as excited as she is. Which is mostly whats keeping her excitement going. And coming out even sooner is Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs. Which I should be very excited for. And it will be coming out early next year. And this year wont be here for all that much longer now. I know I'm excited about it. I just can't feel it. The excitement is there but its in a cage. I feel like if I say I'm excited about it then it comes out in one of my more melancholic tones or voices unless I'm acting to make it come out differently or I'm in an unusually lively mood.

Why can't I be excited to see the time tick by and get excited about a new episode of MLP this Saturday too? Those two words together bring back happy memories that contain excitement. But the part of the memory containing the excitement is stuck behind iron bars? So close yet so far. Game development is in my reach but I don't know how to grab it. Just a minute ago it turned 5:00. At this rate I'll never learn! I seem to have lost my darn self restraint and I can't just sit down here and learn how to use Blender like I wanted to so many months ago! I am closer than I ever have been and I can't just stop doing nothing and open up Unity and make something!

...And maybe that's my problem... My failure and inability to chase my dreams...

5:12 PM
    Vale Wanderer Wolf
    Vale Wanderer Wolf

Post  Vale Wanderer Wolf Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

Over time I just grew to be 'alright with what I have'. The poor is not one that has little but wants much, just have to pace yourself and not take on 'all at once' but gradually remove your problems and build up to what you'd like. When you are building a house you can't just put everything in place at once, you need to place brick by brick...

Also, computer issues? Pretty interesting to hear about those. My own computer is by now Old-grade (TM) and still can even run Skyrim pretty well. Which doesn't support dual-core anyway.
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Hey guys! I guess I am back seeing as I just completed my Major Project for my IT networking diploma this week and there is nothing left for me to do but find a job and be boring I feel like I can waste time here again.

also new avatar bonus points if you are watching the anime it's from.
    Treefrog54
    Treefrog54

Post  Treefrog54 Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 pm

2:08 PM

Main Thread - Page 13 Img_0411
    Doesn't that look like a nice place to draw a picture? I know I thought so. Then I sat down and gabbed my tablet stylus and looked at the lap top screen. I needed to draw a quick something so I had some ideas for what to put on the paper. But the lights...the window...the white in the screen...it was all too much. There was a pressure in my brain. My vision began to fade slightly and I felt strangely warm. It reminds me of dehydration. But I felt more like I had no inspiration even though I did have inspiration just a little while ago. That caused a feeling that was like the feeling of failure. A failure that would cause me to watch the deadline come. I felt like flopping on the floor. But I did not want to. So I sat on the floor with my back against the wall. The feeling went away. I felt I needed to focus on something that was not art. So I decided to explain my situation to you guys.

As I was typing I thought to myself "Why am I doing an art project for this game development class anyway?" But then I remember that it was to give the others ideas. Or at least get closer to passing the class. But I don't know that this is going to be a good way to learn anything. I think I should just do things to work on my own projects. But I can't because I don't know how. That is why I'm working on this project with everyone. But I don't feel like I'm working with anyone at all. I feel as if there are little things going on between my classmates that I don't know about. But I can't tell. But I'm sure they are doing why more than me and doing better than me. I feel like a shy bundle of nothing right now. I kind of had for awhile. But now I really feel that way.

...The outside looks nice... ...But that makes the window distracting...and a little bit depressing... I need to go outside and walk around more often... I probably would if I could... But I can't. Or at least, not like I wish I could...

2:50 PM
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 am

Wuh its so silent here now...

and I suddenly got an urge to buy Arma II.... hmmmh...
    Fratal
    Fratal
    Admin

Post  Fratal Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 am

Hostail wrote:Wuh its so silent here now...

I did and I regret it, never play it and dayZ was not as entertaining as I hoped...
    Tomiz
    Tomiz

Post  Tomiz Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I have bought it.

No regrets, waiting for standalone Smile
    pepran12
    pepran12

Post  pepran12 Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:26 pm

So I got gta 4s cd key to finally work´, anyone up for some multiplayer?
    W128
    W128

Post  W128 Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Bought it purely for DayZ, played it for hours with about five people, after two weeks everyone got busy with other stuff and forgot about it. It's nice that the standalone is being developed.

Gta 4 multiplayer sounds fun. What was wrong with the cd-key?
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 pm

First time I wanted to buy Arma 2 was when I saw some Criken videos I believe, wasn't off DayZ but instead some other mod.

I'll see if I can get it at a lower price or something Smile

EDIT:
    I have watched some videos of the Wasteland mod... and gosh I want Arma 2 so bad...
    pizzamanilla
    pizzamanilla

Post  pizzamanilla Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:01 am

I wish I could play League with you guys ;_;

Too bad I'm on the North American servers.

Anyway, I'm unable to connect to Feli's server.
    Hostail
    Hostail

Post  Hostail Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 am

pizzamanilla wrote:I wish I could play League with you guys ;_;

We could always decide to all hop on one server to play together, I wouldn't mind making a new account on the NA servers, but I don't know how much I will play on it or how my ping will be...

And I have always been unable to connect to Feli's server.
    pepran12
    pepran12

Post  pepran12 Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:45 am

W128 wrote:Bought it purely for DayZ, played it for hours with about five people, after two weeks everyone got busy with other stuff and forgot about it. It's nice that the standalone is being developed.

Gta 4 multiplayer sounds fun. What was wrong with the cd-key?

somehting about not being vaild, after reading some steam forum threads and giving up on it for like 3 weeks. I finally worked. not really sure how it worked in the end.

Can play almost any day after 5 pm.
    Icarium
    Icarium

Post  Icarium Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 pm

I have been trying to help feli with server setup and it isn't finished yet (the IP he has given is wrong one anyway). We will inform everyone as soon as it is finshed though.
    felinoel
    felinoel

Post  felinoel Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Hostail wrote:
    felinoel wrote:I agree, laptops are not made to be fixed or upgraded or even opened up and looked at, that is why desktops will never stop being made.

Not made to be fixed? I worked at a place where we opened up laptops, changed parts like the screen, motherboard, fans and all that shit. So yeah, laptops are made to be fixed, the only laptop that isn't made to be opened up and looked at are macs.

Also, fuck laptop screws, I hate 'em, they are so small, and they are all almost the exact same size.

EDIT: Every time I watch a Tekkit video... I suddenly want to play it. I remember when Icarium had a tekkit server up, fun times.
    I dunno... isn't it not worth fixing a laptop when you can just buy a new one at close to the same price?

Lenyntaka wrote:totally not just showing existence
    Noted.

Treefrog54 wrote:
    4:07 PM
    I'm behind on my game development class!
    Art side or programming side?
    ...probably art side...

Hostail wrote:Wuh its so silent here now...

Sorry I just got hit with a lot... like my grandmother dying, falling ill, and also getting the new Harvest Moon, lol I play HM at work... <.<;

Hostail wrote:
    pizzamanilla wrote:I wish I could play League with you guys ;_;

We could always decide to all hop on one server to play together, I wouldn't mind making a new account on the NA servers, but I don't know how much I will play on it or how my ping will be...

And I have always been unable to connect to Feli's server.
    Oops, thought I had that set to offline.

Icarium wrote:I have been trying to help feli with server setup and it isn't finished yet (the IP he has given is wrong one anyway). We will inform everyone as soon as it is finshed though.
    Have been too ill to continue doing that searching, will see if I can bring myself to not pass out after work today and do it.
    Treefrog54
    Treefrog54

Post  Treefrog54 Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:25 pm

1:00 PM
    I keep forgetting about the internet... I never check Spycat's blog... Or my friends blogs... I even keep forgetting about this place... I used to do stuff... I always knew about Minecraft updates. And the opinions of the Minecraft players. I checked the MC forums every day. What else did I do...? ...I remember now. I used to go to icanhascheezburger.com and some of their other websites and I laughed. I did things like that. I guess times move on and you do different things. But I feel like I'm forgetting something... But I can't be. I guess I was more absorbed in what I did back then... That's why my memories contain that feeling of attachment to the internet...

...I can't remember what point I was trying to get to... Oh well...

1:25 PM

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content